Saturday, May 20, 2017

Challenge 316: String Theory - Stripes

This week's challenge was to create a Zentangle with stripes. I enjoyed this very much. I used the tangle pattern Jalousie which I just love for no reason. I guess it reminds of the old window blinds that you don't see much anymore. Also Organic, a tangle that amazes me every time I draw it.

I have been working through the Zentangle Primer, and in Lesson 7 Reticla and Fragments, a number of fragments are presented that I used in my stripes. Also in Lesson 6, More Tangles, the tangle pattern Ing is introduced. It's explained that Molly saw a metal sculpture in Florida that inspired Ing with all its triangles. Then Molly herself writes about how she created Munchin  when she made a "mistake" drawing Rick's Paradox. I love it that there are no mistakes in Zentangle. No mistakes in life, either. No accidents. Everything that happens is what happens and is glorious in its own way, whether we realize it or not.


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous as always, MH. I'm continually amazed at the beauty you create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tangles you used are great together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So rich and varied. Lots to look at. I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful. Somehow that printemps fragment really anchors the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is terrific! Wonderful shading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Everything that happens is what happens and is glorious in its own way, whether we realize it or not." Yes, Love how you say this.

    ReplyDelete