Monday, August 26, 2019

My painting on a suitcase

My wonderful brother-in-law Bruce Clancy had a business in the Reno area making bags for many years. Originally he made the Quick Shot, a camera bag for hikers. Stu worked with him on the Quick Shot and they sold many all over the west. Then came the Cool Tote, and for some years we got fabulous gifts of fabric bag coolers in every shape and size that we still treasure today. Most recently Bruce and his wife Millie, who has a very good eye for excellent graphical patterns, expanded into making lunch bags and just plain gorgeous purses and bags for women.

On a recent visit with us, I was very surprised that they thought one of my recent alcohol ink paintings would make a good suitcase pattern. He asked me to get a scan, and it took me a while to find someone who could scan at 1200 dpi! Finally I sent Bruce the picture.

Yesterday I got this back. I am so excited, and trying to buy one ASAP. I think they will be $100, so let me know if you are interested. I think Bruce is still working out some details of monogramming etc. Of course, I am not really trying to sell them, just want to share how much fun this is!


1 comment: